Why you need a property Manager
Once you have invested in a rental property, the responsibility of maintaining and running the property can quickly become overwhelming. For many Owners, the logical solution is to hire a Residential Property Management company to oversee their rental property. But is this the right decision for you? Here are the top 10 reasons to consider why you should hire a residential property management company and how the benefits far outweigh the costs.
1) Rent Collection: The company have systems and strategies to improve rent collection and on-time rent payments. This allows you to ensure swift and consistent rent collection. Quick and consistent rent collection is absolutely critical in this real estate market where good cash flow can mean the difference between success and failure as a real estate investor.
2) Local Knowledge of Rental Rates: Property Managers have extensive local knowledge of rents and the ability to determine the highest rental rate possible for your property. With the internet and the ability to do large scale searches for rental properties, potential tenants know if your property is overpriced
3) Marketing Expertise: Property Managers have years of experience in how to best market your properties so they are rented in the quickest time possible. PM’s use both offline and online marketing to maximize your properties’ exposure and find qualified tenants quicker. Most PM’s utilizes 10, 20 or even 30 different techniques to rent a property quickly which reduces your carrying cost of a vacant property.
4) Property Law and Regulations: Property Managers have extensive and up-to-date knowledge of property laws and regulations and will assist you in making sure you are in compliance with your local, state and federal rules and regulations.
5) Emergency Calls From Tenants: A residential property management company will shield you from emergency maintenance calls and tenant headaches. Imagine never having to deal with late night “my toilet is overflowing” call.